The following sets out what you need to know about our personal handling practices at Off Grid Trailers LP.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MIGHT COLLECT FROM YOU AND WHY.
- Account information such as name, address, postal code, email address and phone number. This information is used to fulfill your request for information, products and services, provide relevant advertising, administer contests or promotions you enter and respond to your enquiries.
- Subscriber id and passwords so that you may access your account information and services.
- Collect credit card or banking information if required to complete a sale.
- Usage information such as product or service preferences, purchase history, time spent and other customer engagement information to better understand your preferences and help us develop better products and services.
- If you choose to provide it to us, supplementary information such as gender, month and year of birth, income range, the industry you work in, your current position, and customer satisfaction information.
- Social media identifiers including both personal and non-personally identifying information you may provide by using social media sharing and log-in features. You can control what information you share through some social networking sites’ privacy settings.
- Customer service calls may be recorded for quality assurance purposes.
WE ASSUME YOU HAVE GIVEN US IMPLIED CONSENT FOR SOME USES:
- By purchasing any of our products or using any of our services, we assume you consent to receive the products and services and information relevant to them including service notifications, personalized content and services, relevant advertising, and other communications regarding our products, services, promotions and loyalty programs.
USES YOU CAN EXPLICITLY CONSENT TO:
- You may opt-in to receive additional services such specialized daily email newsletters or marketing communications from our advertisers based on your areas of interest and on our website. Your email address is not shared with our advertisers.
VALUE YOU MAY RECEIVE:
- Off Grid Trailers LP relies on customer information and insight to improve our products and services and to make our websites and applications easier to navigate.
- It also helps us customize your experience by delivering content, messages and advertising that are relevant to you.
WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOU WISH TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from marketing and/or service email communications from Off Grid Trailers LP, you may click the unsubscribe link provided in the footer of all non-essential communication from Off Grid Trailers LP.
- You can also limit the collection of your information by disabling cookies. However, because The Off Grid Trailers LP website and AD programs both rely on cookies to enable core functionality, disabling cookies is not recommended. If you choose to do so, some of Off Grid Trailers LP services may not work properly.
- Information you provided to Off Grid Trailers LP through social network integration features, such as Facebook Connect, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram are governed by the terms of that service and may not automatically be updated by the underlying service in Off Grid Trailers LP records.
CONTACTING OFF GRID TRAILERS LP REGARDING YOUR PRIVACY:
If you have additional concerns, you may also contact by email at privacy@offgridtrailers.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS POLICY:
- Information that is not personally identifiable such as type of browser or operating system you are using, your network, our web pages you have visited, other web pages you have visited before and after visiting ours, type of device, general location information and other similar types of anonymous or de-identified information may be collected and used by us and third parties including advertisers.
- Aggregate data that cannot be associated with a specific person, such as demographic statistics about Off Grid Trailers LP customers, or number of visitors and average time spent on a website.
- Personal Information for Editorial Purposes — As you may expect, information collected for editorial purposes, whether or not it is considered “personal”, is exempt from the requirements of Canadian law and is not covered by this policy. Business contact information including the name, title, business address and telephone number of an employee of an organization, publicly available information such as an individual’s name and address when listed in or made available through a directory, or any other information or circumstance that falls outside the scope of or is exempted by applicable privacy legislation.
1. THE FINE PRINT
The following sets out some additional detail about Off Grid Trailers LP business practices as it pertains to your personal information.
Off Grid Trailers LP may collect personal information using the following means:
- When you become a subscriber;
- When you register for any Off Grid Trailers LP services or sign up for special features such as contests;
- By using cookies and similar technologies when you visit our site; and
- By conducting surveys
(A) COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files containing a unique identifier that are placed in your browser in order to store information about your web browsing and usage of Off Grid Trailers LP website (“Cookie Data”). Cookies are used by Off Grid Trailers LP to collect and store usage information such as:
- Anonymized user IDs for logged in Registered Users and Subscribers
- Device IP Address (which does not reveal your identity)
- Usage Data such as the number of page views, frequency of visits, time spent on a particular page and other similar statistics pertaining to your use of our website and services.
If you wish to disable cookies, please see Section 4 “How to disable cookies?”. Please note that if you navigate away from an Off Grid Trailers LP website by, for example, clicking on an advertising link, other parties may also place a cookie in your browser. Off Grid Trailers LP does not control the activities of other parties and is not responsible for their practices.
(C) SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION
If you choose to subscribe to a product or service of Off Grid Trailers LP, we will ask you to provide information to complete the sale including name, email, address, telephone number and billing information. We will use your subscription information for internal purposes such as making improvements to our website and analytics, and to communicate with you about your subscription and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
(D) MOBILE BROWSING
When you access Off Grid Trailers LP on your mobile device, such as a smartphone or a tablet computer, using a web browser we collect similar usage information as we do on other devices. If you choose to share location data with Off Grid Trailers LP, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device.
(E) CONTESTS, PROMOTIONS, SURVEYS AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
(F) SOCIAL MEDIA
2. HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
Off Grid Trailers LP uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
FULFILL YOUR REQUEST:
To fulfill your request for services.
To understand how users interact with our website, to improve the operation and performance of Off Grid Trailers products and services, to develop new products and services, to detect fraud, and to improve security.
COMMUNICATE OFFERS AND PROMOTIONS:
To communicate with you about Off Grid Trailers LP offers and promotions. You can withdraw your consent to specific types of email communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of the email message. Note that you will continue to receive communications that directly pertain to your services.
ENFORCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
We reserve the right to contact you if we have reason to believe that you have violated our Terms of Service.
OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE REASONS:
If you provide a complaint to Off Grid Trailers LP or send a request to customer service, we will keep the relevant information for the purpose of investigating your complaint or request and responding to you. We generally use your personal information for the purposes of managing, administering, collecting or enforcing your accounts, maintaining business records for a reasonable time and generally managing and administering our business and meeting all relevant Canadian and international regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements.
3. SECURITY AND DISCLOSURE
OFF GRID TRAILERS LP TAKES STEPS TO HOLD YOUR INFORMATION SECURELY:
Off Grid Trailers LP has put in place reasonable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial measures to protect the information we collect from loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
INFORMATION STORED ABROAD:
In some cases, Off Grid Trailers LP will disclose personal information to service providers to perform activities outside of Canada on our behalf. Your personal information may also be transferred outside of Canada for storage and processing. As a result, secure storage, use and access to your personal information may be subject to the laws of those countries.
Off Grid Trailers LP may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for administrative purposes. Off Grid Trailers LP may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities or for other legal reasons. Off Grid Trailers LP may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to parties connected with any contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
4. HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES?
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies but offer several ways to control cookie preferences. Typically, users can:
- Disable all cookies (not recommended)
- Require approval each time a website attempts to place a cookie
- Remove cookies manually or have them deleted automatically after a certain period
For step-by-step instructions on how to modify cookie preferences, please consult your browser’s support documentation. You can find instructions for commonly used browsers here: